About Voluntary Action Center
The Mission of Voluntary Action Center is committed to providing high quality services that address the basic transportation and nutrition needs of its community. VAC was incorporated in 1974. The organization is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of representatives from communities throughout DeKalb County.
Voluntary Action Center is here to support the needs of the members of DeKalb, LaSalle, Putnam, Bureau and Kendall Counties. Over the years those needs have grown exponentially. At VAC it is our goal to ensure the health and wellness of those who need us. Our services include:
- Meals on Wheels provides hot nutritional meals to the elderly, disabled, and homebound.
- Nutritional Programs such as lunches, for local daycare providers and senior citizens.
- TransVAC provides rides for local seniors, the disabled, and general public. Within DeKalb County we also provide local bussing services such as the Green Line, the Blue Line, and the Kishwaukee College line.
- MedVAC provides rides to medical appointments, hospitals, and testing services.
- Premier Meals Catering offers catering services for any event. Let us cater your next event and in return, you’ll be helping provide nutritious meals to the homebound. 100% of all profits from Premier Meals Catering support Meals on Wheels, providing nutritious meals to the homebound in our community for over 20 years.
Voluntary Action Center depends on the kindness and generosity within our community. Please support our mission with your time, talents, and financial contributions.