Voluntary Action Center’s TransVAC is a bustling service that provides over 7,000 Dial-A-Ride trips per month. Our red striped buses are known throughout the DeKalb/Sycamore area. The service allows those in need of transportation to visit such places as the grocery store, hair salon, local medical appointments, transportation to work, and even entertainment venues.
VAC offers two Types of Dial-A-Ride Services
- TransVAC-Local in county trips
- MedVAC-Out of county medical trips
All riders must be registered for VAC dial-a-ride services.
For more information please read our 2018 TransVAC Brochure.
For registration questions or booking a ride, please call 815.758.6641 or email us.
How Do I use Dial-A-Ride Services?
A complete list of how-to use Dial-A-Ride can be found below.
- 2018 Dial-A-Ride Rider’s Guide Policies (DeKalb County)
- Dial-A-Ride Fare Structure
|Senior||$1.00 or Donation|
(Aged 5 years and younger)
*Senior is age 60+ and will be asked to consider a suggested donation instead of a fare.
*Please consult VAC Dispatch
- Cash fare must be the exact amount. Drivers do not handle cash and will not make change or issue vouchers.
- All old forms of payment will be honored until 9/30/2018. After that, they will no longer be accepted. Old forms of payment will be discontinued beginning 8/20/2018.
How is this service paid for?
Funding for the Dial-A-Ride program is received from state and federal grants, local governments, user fares, United Ways Grants, charitable foundations, and from the VAC fundraisers. As a 501(C)(3) charitable organization, VAC also uses donations from our generous community to keep these services going. Please consider donating to VAC. Donate here.