Voluntary Action Center of DeKalb, in cooperation with Kishwaukee College, provides limited bus transportation between the College and the DeKalb & Sycamore areas.
The DeKalb bus arrives on campus at 8 am, 9 am and 10 am Monday through Friday to accommodate students’ schedules. Students must register for one of these arrival times, but are allowed to choose a departure time of 1, 2, or 3:30 p.m. on a daily basis. Seats are limited on each bus run. A separate evening bus route is available with arrival to campus by 6:00 p.m.and a departure time of 9:20 p.m. Monday – Thursday.
Student riders are charged $150 for a full 16-week semester round-trip bus pass. If seats are available, those students needing only one-way bus passes or those who have lost their private means of transportation may apply for the remaining seats. Fees for these passes will be determined by the number of weeks used and the degree of need (one way or round trip).
- Bus Anytime Route DeKalb FA and SP-Unlimited rides on all bus routes to and from Kishwaukee College (BEST VALUE – $170.00 per semester)
- Bus Day Route DeKalb FA and SP-Ride anytime between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm ($150.00 per semester)
- Bus Evening Route Dekalb FA and SP-Ride anytime between 5:00 pm and 9:50 pm ($75.00 per semester)
- Day SU Ticket – Ride anytime between 7:00 am and 2:50 pm ($105.00 summer semester)
- Evening SU Ticket – Ride anytime between 5:00 pm and 9:50 pm ($53.00 summer semester)
- Anytime SU Ticket – Unlimited rides on all bus routes to and from Kishwaukee College ($110.00 summer semester)
This service is provided by Kishwaukee College. Any questions concerning TransVAC-Kish Bus service should first be directed to Kishwaukee College Student Services Office at: 815.825.2086 ext. 2740