Voluntary Action Center of DeKalb, in cooperation with Kishwaukee College, provides limited bus transportation between the College and the DeKalb & Sycamore areas.
The DeKalb bus arrives on campus at 8 am, 9 am and 10 am Monday through Friday to accommodate students’ schedules. Students must register for one of these arrival times, but are allowed to choose a departure time of 1, 2, or 3:30 p.m. on a daily basis. Seats are limited on each bus run. A separate evening bus route is available with arrival to campus by 6:00 p.m.and a departure time of 9:20 p.m. Monday – Thursday.
Student riders are charged $150 for a full 16-week semester round-trip bus pass. If seats are available, those students needing only one-way bus passes or those who have lost their private means of transportation may apply for the remaining seats. Fees for these passes will be determined by the number of weeks used and the degree of need (one way or round trip).
- Bus Anytime Route DeKalb FA and SP-Unlimited rides on all bus routes to and from Kishwaukee College (BEST VALUE – $170.00 per semester)
- Bus Day Route DeKalb FA and SP-Ride anytime between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm ($150.00 per semester)
- Bus Evening Route Dekalb FA and SP-Ride anytime between 5:00 pm and 9:50 pm ($75.00 per semester)
- Day SU Ticket – Ride anytime between 7:00 am and 2:50 pm ($105.00 summer semester)
- Evening SU Ticket – Ride anytime between 5:00 pm and 9:50 pm ($53.00 summer semester)
- Anytime SU Ticket – Unlimited rides on all bus routes to and from Kishwaukee College ($110.00 summer semester)
This service is provided by Kishwaukee College. Any questions concerning TransVAC-Kish Bus service should first be directed to Kishwaukee College Student Services Office at: 815.825.2086 ext. 2740
Beginning Fall 2019 Kishwaukee College, in cooperation with Voluntary Action Center of DeKalb, is offering, the Sycamore Dial-A-Ride. This service allows those in need of transportation to call, 815-758-3932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and get picked up from their location.
All riders must be registered for VAC dial-a-ride services. To register fill out the attached form http://vacdk.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/VAC-Registration-Form-08-2019.pdf
When calling to schedule a ride, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name and date of the trip
- EXACT addresses of both pickup and destination locations.
- Reservation time(s) you would like to be picked up, or a time you’d like to reach your destination. (Note: Dispatchers will try to match your requested time as closely as possible.
- Name of travel companion/assistant, if applicable
- Please state if you use a mobility device, or require any additional assistance from the driver.
Tickets can be purchased for $150 per semester in the Business Office, C2140.
Illinois Relay Service
TTY: 1 (800) 526-0844 or 711
Voice: 1 (800) 526-0857 or 711