Providing over 12,000 rides per month!
Voluntary Action Center’s TransVAC is a bustling service that provides around 12,000 rides per month. Our red striped buses are known throughout the DeKalb/Sycamore area. The service allows those in need of transportation to visit such places as the grocery store, hair salon, local medical appointments, transportation to work, and even entertainment venues. Senior citizens and persons with disabilities are able to ride for free. When busses are available, we provide special trips for residents of local retirement homes, senior living facilities, and other groups who may need transportation. Opportunities to support TransVAC include:
- Donations of infant/child car seat or booster seat
- Sponsor a special trip
- Volunteer as a personal assistant for a local trip
- Equipment/supplies for cleaning the busses
- Office supplies such as clipboards, pencils, print paper, ink cartridges
- Monetary donation to support the TransVAC service
TransVAC is a vital transportation service in DeKalb County, supported by those who live in the communities.
You can make a difference. Donate to TransVAC today!